Master in Dental Surgery in Paediatric Dentistry, Moi University
Contact person: Dr. Scot O’Mutimba
Candidates shall be eligible for consideration for entry into specialty training in paediatric dentistry. The following shall be eligible:
- Holders of the Bachelor of Dental Surgery (B.D.S.) degree of Moi University.
- Holders of the B.D.S. degree or its equivalent from another accredited University, recognized by Moi University Senate as being equivalent to the B.D.S. degree of Moi University.
- Holders of the degree or its equivalent shall be registered or registrable by the Medical Practitioners and Dentists Board (MPDB) of Kenya or Medical Councils of East Africa.Candidates shall have practiced dentistry for not less than one year after internship
- Candidates must provide certified transcripts
- The candidates shall be subjected to an entry assessment before admission to ascertain their suitability to enter the programme.
- The language for instruction in the MDS Paediatric Dentistry program shall be English.
- National and International candidates must meet the common Moi University School of Dentistry entry requirements for graduate programs
Applications are made online between April and June every year on the Moi University website. Copies of certificates, transcripts, and any other relevant testimonials must be uploaded with the application.
Duration of the Programme
Master’s degree in Paediatric Dentistry must be registered as a full-time student for a period not less than three (3) and not more than six (6) years. Continuance of registration depends on evidence of satisfactory progress.